Sunday, September 30, 2007

30th September 2007 - Big Girl in a Big Girls bed now ....




I don't know where my "baby" went .. but she decided last night the cot doesn't cut it .. and had an absolute tanty .. about going to bed (which she usually has no problem with )... so anyhoo .. I sat her on her "big girls bed" to read another story .. and lo and behold .. she climbs towards the top of the bed .. climbs between the sheets .. and goes off to sleep - snoring within in about 2 secs ... and then I didn't hear anything until 5am ...

So there you go .. Big Girl in a big girls bed ...

Mum's staying the night next week while Chris and I go to a 40th (not 21st's or 30th's anymore ) and was going to be sleeping in that bed .. but looks like she's out of luck ...

Also she has decided that no-one can feed her except herself ... so sits up in the high-chair with her spoon or fork ... and gawd help anyone who tries to help her - lol ..

Where has the last (almost) year and a half gone!!!

She has gone back to having a 2 hour sleep during the day .. so that's great .. as gives me some time with the boys ...

She's also saying a lot of 2-3 word sentences now which is really cute .. like "Shooz please" .." or "Toast Daddy!" .. and "Bye Bye Night" (goodnight to the boys & Dad) .. and her fav game Peek-a-boo " Where r u " hides then says "Peek-a-boo" .. my favorite though is "All Don, Mummy" ... (ie All gone) .. as it sounds really cute ..

Oh yes and did I mention "very independent" - just thought I'd mention it again - lol

We went to Dorothy's Dance party last week .. the kids loved it .. Abbie was a but suspect at first - seeing her favourites in person ... then towards the end - typical .. she started singing and dancing .. The boys liked it heaps better this time round ... and were glued to the stage!

It seems I have a "fussy eater" .. give Abbie veges and Meat and she "literally" throws it back at you ...

So her diet is mainly ...

Fruit (thank goodness) - mainly peaches, banana, and apples
Chicken Nuggets
Ham
Luncheon (sometimes)
Spaghetti
Cheese
Yoghurt
Milk (only once and a while with Milo)
Toast (with honey or peanut butter)
Muesli Bars/Muffin bars
Pasta
Rice Risotto

(these are what I can think of)

but any "normal" meals like us .. doesn't get me anywhere ...

I've decided to start making "mini" muffins with carrot & zucchinni or savoury ones to see if I can get the "veges" and "meat" in that way .. as she happily ate a "carrot cake" muffin last week ..

I remember my boys being terrible at "normal meals" for dinner until about 2 .. and from then ate really well .. so here's hoping ..


No comments: