Sunday, August 5, 2007

Spots Spots ..It's Chicken Pox!

Monday 30th July - 17 days after we visited a friend who's son came down with Chicken Pox, Cam came out with a couple then a few spots.

He'd been "itchy and scratchy" most of the weekend .. and coming up with little white raised "itchies" which were a lot like when you get a midgey bite, with a few that looked like blisters coming up out of his skin .. but they never eventuated to anything ... so we thought that he had mites or fleas from the dogs he'd been playing with ...

Anyway .. I saw a couple of "bites" on his neck and thought I'd change his sheets and clothes to get rid of the "fleas" .. I took him to kindy .. and he said to me his tummy felt scratchy .. well I lifted his top .. and whoa there were lots of spots .. so I mentioned it to his teacher and off we went home again .. I asked Michael if he would like to stay and play with "Kathy" and he said yes .. and so he stayed at kindy all on his own ...I took Cam to the doctor and he confirmed it was chicken pox ...





Then the next day he was covered with new ones coming all the time .. I used Egoderm Ointment and this took the itchy & redness away .. which I think helped .. I think the ones on his nose and eyes were the most annoying to him .. and I had heard awful stories of whiny grumpiness with it .. but I think before getting them (with a fever) .. was the worst, as he was unsettled. Overall I have been surprised at how well he has coped with having them .. and how quickly they have come and now settled down ... He is still getting the odd "blister up" with itchiness .. but these go away .. and don't eventuate to anything .. He must just be fighting them off really well ! He is such a fighter, of course !

Another thing to add I asked Michael if he wanted to go to kindy on his own on Tuesday & Thursday (without Cam) .. and he did and coped really well.

What brave boys I have !

Now just waiting to see if the others will "fight it off" or get it :-)

No comments: